Thursday, October 23, 2014

The Haze vs Exercising!

Dear Friends,

If you have been running or cycling in the haze, here is a word of caution. If you have any respiratory ailments please stay indoors or train indoors like in a gym. It is not worth risking your health just to maintain your exercise regime. Even if you have perfect health you are better of taking precaution. There is always a possibility that you may develop a health issue if you push the boundaries too far.

I have seen too many people who have caught the exercise bug training when the haze level is high. I was planing to cycle the last two Sundays but as the PSI level was at 70 and above I decided I will not risk getting respiratory ailments so I went to the gym. It did not give the same thrill as cycling outdoors but I was happy with my workout.

I intend to run or cycle when the PSI is about 50 to 60 as I have some respiratory issues from young. I love running and cycling and I want to do it as long as I can. So, I need to take care of my health first and foremost. You need to listen to your body at all time. But you should not give in to laziness!!!

Be safe, not sorry!

Have a Good Sporting Weekend!

Cheers,
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment